Prehypertension during Young Adulthood may be involved by Coronary Calcium Later in Life exclusively in presence of Inherited Real Risk of CAD, typical for individuals with lithyasic Constitution, present in about 50% OF ALL CASES of Pre-Metabolic and Metabolic Syndrome (www.semeioticabiofisica.it; Constitutions and Bibliography). Regarding the frequent association between hypertension and diabetes, in my opinion based on 53-year-long clinical experience, is more important bedside recognizing diabetic predisposition, now-a-days possible since birth, utilising a lot of methods, different in difficulty, but all reliable in day-to-day practice.
For the first time, from the clinical view-point, I have formerly illustrated on The Lancet.com an original manoeuvre, based on a singular activity of osteocalcin, and reliable in bedside detecting diabetes in one minute, with the aid of a stethoscope (1). In fact, osteocalcin, a product of osteoblasts, among other action mechanisms, stimulates both insulin secretion and insulin receptor sensitivity. As a consequence, osteocalcin, secreted by above-mentioned bone cells during mean-intense lasting digital pressure, for instance, applied upon lumbar vertebrae, brings about increasing pancreatic diameters, i.e., technically speaking, type I, associated, Langherans’s islet microcirculatory activation, so that doctors assess pancreas size augmentation, which in health, lasts 10 seconds exactly (1-7). After that, pancreas diameters return to basal value for 3 sec. The second pancreas size increasing lasts 20 sec., and finally the third show the highest value: 30 sec. On the contrary, in case of diabetic constitution (3, 4) the first pancreas increasing persists normally (10 sec.), but both the second and the third are less than physiological ones (i.e., less than 20 sec. and respectively 30 sec.).
On the contrary, in presence of intense inherited real risk of diabetes (6), such as impairment is present usually in the second and third evaluations. In fact, osteocalcin manoeuvre proved to be pathological already in individuals involved by both Diabetic Constitution and Inherited Diabetic Real Risk (7-9).
Finally, in case of diabetes the alteration is present already in the first evaluation, wherein duration appears less than 10 sec., inversely related with disorder seriousness.
Interestingly, not only in examining subject, but also in all others, even if kilometers way from him (her), according to Lory’s experiment, based of no local realm in biological systems (10), doctor’s pancreas shows surprisingly identical modifications, allowing doctors to made clinical diagnosis until now impossible (11-15)
Figure shows Pancreas Auscultatory Percussion, unavoidable in bedside evaluating pancreas size, i.e., its diameter values. For further information, See
http://www.semeioticabiofisica.it/semeioticabiofisica/Documenti/Eng/pagina4pancreas_eng.doc and http://www.semeioticabiofisica.it/semeioticabiofisica/Documenti/Eng/A%20Picco%20insulin.%20Test%20engl.doc
1) Stagnaro Sergio. The Lancet, January 28, 2008. Bedside Biophysical-Semeiotic Osteocalcin Test in Diagnosing and Monitoring Diabetes.
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140673608601014/comments?action=view&totalComments=2; See better http://www.fceonline.it/docs/stagnaro.pdf
2) Stagnaro Sergio. Il test Semeiotico-Biofisico della Osteocalcina nella prevenzione primaria del diabete mellito. www.fce.it,
3) Stagnaro-Neri M., Stagnaro S. Introduzione alla Semeiotica Biofisica. Il Terreno Oncologico. Ed. Travel Factory, Roma, 2004 www.travelfactory.it
4) Stagnaro-Neri M., Stagnaro S., Semeiotica Biofisica: la manovra di Ferrero-Marigo nella diagnosi clinica della iperinsulinemia-insulino resistenza. Acta Med. Medit. 13, 125, 1997
5) Stagnaro S., Stagnaro-Neri M., Le Costituzioni Semeiotico-Biofisiche.Strumento clinico fondamentale per la prevenzione primaria e la definizione della Single Patient Based Medicine. Travel Factory, Roma 2004
6) Stagnaro S.,
7) Stagnaro Sergio. Newborn-pathological Endoarteriolar Blocking Devices in Diabetic and Dislipidaemic Constitution and Diabetes Primary Prevention. The Lancet. March 06 2007. http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140673607603316/comments?totalcomments=1 SEE particularly URL: http://www.fceonline.it/docs/stagnaro.pdf
8) Stagnaro Sergio. New bedside way in Reducing mortality in diabetic men and women. Ann. Int. Med.2007. http://www.annals.org/cgi/eletters/0000605-200708070-00167v1
9) Stagnaro S., Stagnaro-Neri M., Le Costituzioni Semeiotico-Biofisiche.Strumento clinico fondamentale per la prevenzione primaria e la definizione della Single Patient Based Medicine. Travel Factory, Roma, 2004. http://www.travelfactory.it/
10) Stagnaro Sergio e Paolo Manzelli. 03 Gennaio 2008, http://www.ilpungolo.com/leggi-tutto.asp?IDS=13&NWS=NWS5267 Limiti della Medicina Ufficiale. L’Esperimento di Lory.
11) Stagnaro Sergio e Paolo Manzelli. L’Esperimento di Lory. Scienza e Conoscenza, N° 23, 13 Marzo 2008. http://www.scienzaeconoscenza.it//articolo.php?id=17775
12) Stagnaro Sergio. Reale Rischio Congenito di Cancro Renale Diagnosticato con
13) Stagnaro Sergio. Melanoma? Escluso in 1 Secondo con
14) Stagnaro Sergio. Diagnosi clinica di cuore sano in un secondo! 7 Aprile 2008. www.fce.it http://www.fcenews.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1218&Itemid=4715) Stagnaro Sergio e Paolo Manzelli. L’Esperimento di Lory. Scienza e Conoscenza, N° 23, 13 Marzo 2008. http://www.scienzaeconoscenza.it//articolo.php?id=17775